What personal information do we ask for?
When you have searched for prices and availability and are ready to confirm your booking, we will ask for your name, your postal address and your fax number and e-mail address (if applicable). We'll also need your credit/debit card details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry date) in order to take payment and confirm the booking on-line. If you're paying by debit card we may also need to take the start date and issue number of the card.
We'll also ask you for your telephone number in case we need to contact you urgently regarding your booking.
How is this personal information used?
- We need your 'name' so we can confirm to the hotel, lounge or car park operator who the booking is for.
- We need your 'credit card' details so that we can collect payment for your booking.
- We need your 'name' and 'address' to confirm that the credit card belongs to you.
- We also need your 'address' so that we can send you your booking voucher and in case we have to write to you about any part of your booking in advance of your stay.
- We might use your 'telephone number' or 'e-mail address' in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking.
- We may also use this information to let you know about any special offers/promotions we think would be of interest to you.
- We may also use your IP (Internet Protocol) address to diagnose problems with our server and administer the site - monitoring visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the our site further.
- If you have signed up to a special promotional prize dr aw, then you may be contacted by those subsidiary partners stated at the time of sign up or entry into the competition.
How is this information protected.
All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom left of your browser to show that you can safely send credit card details through our site. Another indicator is that our secure pages will not display a 'security alert' message.
We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Yes, cookies', which are only used during the booking process. (A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.) This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information (ref. Cookie Central).
Is this personal information to third parties?
We will only disclose your name and booking details to our suppliers (see above) for operational purposes. We will not pass on your details to other companies for their marketing purposes - unless you have signed up to a special promotional prize draw, then you may be contacted by those subsidiary partners stated at the time of sign up or entry into the competition.
We won't disclose credit/debit card numbers unless we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Will the information I give for direct marketing?
Yes, but we ask you for your permission and we'll only send you details of the products we offer - unless you have signed up to a special promotional prize draw, then you may be contacted by those subsidiary partners stated at the time of sign up or entry into the competition. If you find that you'd rather not have any contact with us, apart from that which is necessary for us to give you our normal level of service, then please write to us at the address below.
Customer Relations, Newingreen, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4JF